Makes: one sandwich
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Yeast-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Avocado, lettuce, tomato: the perfect trio. On top of homemade bread? Yes, please!
- Two slices of my Buckwheat Sandwich Bread
- One avocado
- Four large pieces of butter lettuce (or lettuce of choice, but I have found butter lettuce to work best)
- Four slices of a heirloom tomato or six chopped cherry tomatoes
- Two handfuls of sprouts (I used alfalfa)
- Desired amount of black pepper (optional, but really yummy)
How to make:
- Make the bread (recipe here).
- Slice two pieces of bread from the loaf.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado.
- Wash and dry the butter lettuce.
- Slice the tomato into disks (heirloom) or chop the tomatoes (cherry)
- Spread the mashed avocado onto the bread.
- Place the sliced tomatoes over the mashed avocado.
- Place the lettuce on top of the tomatoes.
- Place each handful of sprouts on top of the lettuce.
- Sprinkle black pepper over the sprouts.
- Put the two slices together to make a sandwich.