Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Get ready to fall in love with this flavor-filled, VEGAN pizza! Made with wholesome, healthy ingredients like quinoa (hello complete source of plant-based protein!), arugula, spinach, and almond milk ricotta (no dairy needed to enjoy a tasty piece of pie!), you body will be thanking you for eating this pizza!
Recipe video here:
- Two and a half cups of quinoa flour
- One tbsp. of baking powder
- 1/2 of a tsp. of salt (I used pink Himalayan)
- One and a half cups of water, plus more as needed
- One tsp. of applesauce (don’t worry, you won’t taste it)
- Tomato sauce (I used Muir Glen)
- Two heirloom tomatoes (any color)
- Fresh basil
- One cup of vegan ricotta (I highly suggest Kite Hill)
- Garlic powder
- Dried oregano
- Dried basil
How to make: (video above)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry crust ingredients.
- Mix the wet crust ingredients into the dry crust ingredients.
- Roll the dough into a ball.
- Place the dough onto the lined baking sheet, and form it into your desired crust shape.
- Bake the crust for 12 minutes.
- While the crust bakes, slice the tomatoes into discs.
- Once the crust is finished baking, spread your desired amount of tomato sauce evenly onto the crust.
- Top the sauce with the spinach, arugula, and fresh basil.
- Place large plops of the ricotta on top of the greens.
- Place the tomato slices on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle more cheese, the garlic powder, dried oregano, and fresh basil on top of the the tomatoes and the rest of the pizza.
- Bake the pizza for 15 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
For more delicious vegan pizza, check out my Loaded Spicy Veggie Pizza