Gluten-Free, Oil-Free, Soy-Free, Nut-Free, Grain-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Um, hello fruit-sweetened, grain-free apple crumble with homemade coconut milk ice cream! Where have you been all my life? This dessert is so nutritious that you could literally eat it for breakfast! Made with simple, clean ingredients: apples, dates, coconut, and cinnamon, this treat contains healthy fats, fruit, nutrients, and warming, delicious flavors that will keep your tastebuds and your stomach happy!
- Five apples (any variety)
- The juice from one lemon
- Ten medjool dates
- Hot water for soaking the dates
- ½ of a cup of coconut flour
- One tsp. of cinnamon, plus ½ of a tsp. for sprinkling
- Pinch of pink Himalayan or sea salt
- The cream from two cans of coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- Three tbsp. of maple syrup
- Two tsp. of vanilla
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, line an 8×8 baking dish and a 9×5 freezer-safe baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place a large bowl and the lined 9×5 baking dish into your freezer (these are for the ice cream).
- Soak the dates in a bowl of hot water for ten minutes.
- While the dates soak, core and dice the apples, then place them into the lined baking sheet and squeeze the lemon juice over them to prevent browning.
- Drain and pit the dates, then blend them in a food processor until they have created a gooey paste.
- Blend the coconut flour, cinnamon, and salt into the dates until a well-combined crumble forms.
- Pour the crumble evenly over the the apples, then sprinkle more cinnamon over the crumble.
- Bake the crumble for 35 minutes, or until the apples have softened and the crumble is crisp.
- While the crumble bakes, take the bowl out of the freezer and mix the coconut cream with a hand mixer until a thick, fluffy, “frosting-like” cream forms.
- Mix the maple syrup and vanilla into the coconut cream.
- Pour the coconut cream into the lined 9×5 baking dish, then freeze it until you are ready to serve the crumble.
- Once the crumble is done cooking, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Scoop the ice cream out of the baking dish and serve it with the cobbler.
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
This post contains affiliate links, which means that when you make a purchase from a link, I receive a small commission and you are supporting LoveThroughPlants with no additional cost to you. Thank you for helping support LoveThroughPlants! For more information about my affiliate policy, please click here