Makes: Two Dozen
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, No added sugar, Vegan (of course!)
Happy Holidays!! Celebrate this season with these vegan Apple Pie Bites! These bites are the perfect food gift to share with your loved ones! They are simple to make, made with minimal, healthy ingredients, and they contain no added sugar! But, your samplers will never even know they are vegan and sweetened with dates!
- Three tortillas (I used and recommend using Siete Foods almond flour tortillas)
- Two green apples
- The juice from half of a lemon
- 15 medjool dates, pitted and soaked
- Two tsp. of cinnamon, plus more for topping
- Water for blending
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pit the dates, then soak them in hot water for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut the tortillas into 24 even triangles, then set them aside.
- Drain the water from dates, then blend the dates in a food processor or a high-speed blender (I use a Vitamix) until a smooth paste forms (add water as needed for blending.)
- Blend the cinnamon into the date paste.
- Chop the apples into cubes, then place them in a bowl and coat them with the lemon juice.
- Spread the date paste evenly onto each tortilla triangle, then place three to four apple chunks at the top of each triangle.
- Roll the tip of each tortilla triangle to cover the apples, then sprinkle more cinnamon on top over each bite.
- Bake the apple pie bites for 25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for helping support LoveThroughPlants!