Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Grain-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Get ready to sail to the tropics with these Asian Cashew Pineapple Boats! They are as if cashew chicken stir-fry met tropical-vegan yumminess! These boats have big, bold flavors, are oozing with nutrients, and are booming with flavor! As spring has sprung, and summer is just a few months away, these Pineapple Asian delights will become your go-to meal for the lovely warm weather!
- One pineapple
- One cup of cashews
- One 16 oz. bag of frozen broccoli (fresh broccoli will also work)
- Two cups of peas
- One large bell pepper (I used red, but any color will work)
- One yellow onion
- One zucchini
- One tsp. of ground ginger
- 1/4 of a cup of water
- Three tbsp. of coconut aminos (tamari or soy sauce will work also)
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make:
- Dice the pepper, onion, and zucchini, then place them in a large pot with the broccoli, peas, and water.
- Cook the vegetables over medium heat with the lid on until they have cooked to your preference.
- While the veggies cook, slice the pineapple in half lengthwise through the leaves, then slice around the border of the flesh.
- Cut the pineapple flesh into chunks, then scoop the chunks out of the skin. (If your chunks are large, you will have to further chop the chunks so they are small enough to eat in one bite).
- Drain the liquid from the veggies, then pour the pineapple chunks into the cooked veggies until evenly incorporated.
- Pour and mix the cashews, ginger, coconut aminos, salt, and pepper into the vegetables and pineapple until evenly incorporated.
- Serve the mixture inside of the pineapple skins.
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
This post contains affiliate links, which means that when you make a purchase from a link, I receive a small commission and you are supporting LoveThroughPlants with no additional cost to you. Thank you for helping support LoveThroughPlants! For more information about my affiliate policy, please click here.