Yields: One serving
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Grain-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Creamy, Asian-infused noodles without feeling heavy– I am so in! Cucumber noodles (aka spiralized cucumber) give this bowl a crisp and refreshing aspect, while the avocado and almond butter sauce make this bowl creamy, velvety, and so flavorful!
I am not usually one to eat mushrooms (they kind of freak me out haha), but they work quite well in this recipe! They make this dish hearty (but still light from the cucumber noodles), and they give off a little bit of a “meaty” texture! Every component of this delectable bowl from the sauce, to the peas, to the noodles compliment each other wonderfully, making this dish palatable for everyone (even mushroom skeptics like myself)!
For the bowl:
- One large cucumber, spiralized (skin removed)
- One cup of broccoli
- ½ of a cup of peas (I used frozen)
- ½ of an avocado
- One tbsp. of chopped scallions
For the mushrooms:
- One cup of thinly sliced button mushrooms (uncooked)
- ⅓ of a cup of water
- One tsp. of coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- ¼ of a tsp. of garlic powder
- Pinch of pepper
For the sauce:
- Two tsp. of almond butter
- 1½ tsp. of coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- ½ of a tsp. of ground ginger
- ½ of a tsp. of garlic powder
- ¼ of a tsp. of ground turmeric
- Two tbsp. of water
How to make:
- Thinly slice the mushrooms to fill one cup, then place them into a pot with the ⅓ of a cup of water, garlic powder, coconut aminos, and pepper, and cook them until the mushrooms have absorbed all of the liquid and the mushrooms have shrunken down (they should shrink significantly).
- While the mushrooms cook, steam the peas and broccoli.
- While the veggies cook, peel the cucumber and thinly spiralize it using a spiralizer to make noodles, then place the noodles in a bowl and chop them.
- In a small bowl mix together all of the sauce ingredients until fully combined.
- Once all of the veggies are done cooking, serve them, the avocado, and scallions over the noodles, then pour the sauce over the bowl and mix to evenly coat the ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy!
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
This recipe contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting LoveThroughPlants!