Serves: one to two
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Pesto pasta has always been one of my favorite dishes; however, most pesto recipes include cheese, milk, and oil. Avocado to the rescue! This whole-food, plant-based avocado pesto is the perfect, creamy pesto to serve over pasta, potatoes, and even salad as a dressing!
- One avocado
- One to two cloves of minced garlic, depending on how garlicky you prefer your pesto
- One tsp. of dried oregano
- One tsp. of dried basil
- The juice from one lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make:
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado.
- Stir in the minced garlic, herbs, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.*
- Enjoy over my pasta primavera (pictured) or your favorite dish!
*If you would like your pesto to be thinner, you may blend all of the ingredients together.