Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Vegan (of course!)
This is meal is extremely simple to make, yet it is so deliciously satisfying! The combinations of the flavors and the textures will make your tastebuds dance! This meal is filled with healthy fats, protein, complex carbs, nutrients, antioxidants, and flavor; thus, making it a wonderful start to any day!
For the avocado toast:
- One piece of bread, toasted (I enjoy my homemade burger buns, or my buckwheat sandwich bread)
- Half of an avocado
- Half of a lemon, juiced
- Hemp seeds
- Slivered almonds
- Dried cranberries
- Black pepper
- Optional: pink Himalayan salt
For the Golden Milk:
- One cup of almond milk (or any plant-based milk)
- One tsp. of turmeric
- 1/2 of a tsp. of cinnamon
- 1/4 of a tsp. of vanilla
- Two tbsp. of maple syrup
- Pinch of black pepper (helps with the absorption of the the turmeric)
- Optional: dash of pink Himalayan salt
How to make:
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado and mix in the lemon juice, pepper, and salt.
- Set the avocado mash aside, and toast your bread.
- While the bread toasts, place the golden milk ingredients in a medium-sized pot over medium heat, and stir until it is homogeneous.
- Once the bread is toasted, place the avocado mash, the slivered almonds, hemp seeds, and dried cranberries on top of it.
- Once the golden milk is hot, pour it into a mug.