Makes: about five large cookies
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Vegan (of course)
Have you ever wanted to enjoy a treat for breakfast, but also want to be healthy? Well, now you can do both! These Banana Breakfast Cookies are the perfect grab-and-go meal for any day of the week! These cookies are also perfect for a back-to-school breakfast for kids because they are secretly healthy, yet they are shaped as cookies!
- One cup of buckwheat flour
- 1/4 of a cup of almond flour
- One tsp. of baking soda
- One and a half tsp. of baking powder
- 1/4 of a cup of coconut sugar (adjust according to how ripe/sweet your bananas are)
- One tsp. of cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- Three overripe bananas
- One tsp. of lemon juice
- 1/4 of a cup of plant-based milk (I used almond milk)
- One tsp. of vanilla
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the plant-based milk and lemon juice together, then set them aside.
- In another small bowl, mash the bananas, then set them aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Mix bananas, the lemon and milk mixture, and vanilla into the dry ingredients.
- Scoop the batter into five large cookie shapes onto the lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 20 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool.
Love this recipe? Why not try: