Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Cornbread has always been a favorite of mine; however, it is not the most vegan-friendly dish. This blueberry cornbread is delicious, nutritious, and bursting with fruitiness!
- One cup of corn meal (organic if possible)
- One cup of oat flour
- One tbsp. of baking powder
- Three tbsp. of coconut sugar
- One cup of water
- 1/4 of a cup of applesauce
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- One cup of blueberries, plus more for topping
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line an 8×10 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the corn meal, oat flour, baking powder, and coconut sugar.
- Mix the water and applesauce into the dry ingredients.
- Fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the baking sheet.
- Top the batter with more blueberries.
- Bake the bread for 20 minutes.