Gluten-Free, Oil-Free, Soy-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan (of course!)
We all love a good banana bread, but what happens when you combine banana bread, a blueberry muffin, and zucchini bread? A whole lot of deliciousness in your mouth!
- Two medium overripe bananas
- 1/2 of a cup of wild blueberries, plus more for topping
- 1/3 of a cup of shredded zucchini
- The juice from one lemon
- One flax egg
- One tsp. of vanilla
- 1/2 to 2/3 of a cup of maple syrup, depending on your sweetness preference
- One and a half cups of teff flour*
- One teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 of a tsp. of cinnamon
- A dash of pink Himalayan salt
How to make:
- Prepare your flax egg, recipe here.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.**
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the wet ingredients except for the blueberries.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix them together.
- Fold the wild blueberries into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan.
- Top the loaf with additional wild blueberries.
- Bake for one hour to one hour and ten minutes.
*I have not tested other flours for this recipe; however, I think regular all-purpose flour or all- purpose gluten-free flour should work.
**My favorite unbleached, compostable, vegan parchment paper can be found here