Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Refined-Sugar-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Happy Halloween, everyone!! Oh my gourd, what could be a more delicious treat to celebrate today with than these ~spooktacular~ Brownie Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches?! They are so decadent and festive, plus, they are gluten-free and refined-sugar-free!! So, trick or treat yo’self this Halloween with these scary yummy goodies!
For the Brownies:
- One cup of buckwheat flour
- 1/3 of a cup of coconut flour
- One cup of cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/2 of a tsp. of baking powder
- 1/2 of a tsp. of baking soda
- Pinch of salt (I used pink Himalayan)
- 1/3 of a cup of applesauce
- 1/4 of a cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 of a cup + one tbsp. of maple syrup
- One tsp. of vanilla
- 3/4 of a cup of water
For the Pumpkin Ice Cream:
- One can of pumpkin puree
- The cream from one can of coconut milk, chilled* (see notes)
- 1/4 of a cup of maple syrup
- One tsp. of vanilla
- One tsp. of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 of a tsp. of ground cloves
- One tsp. of cinnamon
- Dash of allspice
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 9×13 baking dish (for the brownies) and an 8×4 freezer-safe baking dish (for the ice cream) with parchment paper.
- Place the lined 8×4 baking dish and a large bowl into your freezer.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry brownie ingredients.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the wet brownie ingredients, then mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until fully combined.
- Pour the batter into the lined 9×13 baking dish, then bake the batter for 30 minutes.
- While the brownies bake, make the pumpkin ice cream by mixing the coconut cream (not the liquid!) with a hand mixer in the bowl that was chilling in the freezer until thick and “frosting-like,” then mix the rest of the ice cream ingredients into the coconut cream until fully combined.
- Pour the ice cream batter into the lined 8×4 baking dish, then freeze the ice cream for one to two hours (or until the ice cream has hardened.)
- Once the brownies are done baking, take them out of the oven and allow them to cool completely before slicing or serving.
- Once the brownies are cool and the ice cream has hardened, serve a scoop of the ice cream in between two brownies.
*The ice cream will only work if your canned coconut milk has been fully chilled. Place the unopened can of coconut milk into your freezer to chill for 2-3 hours. After chilling, open the can and scoop out the white, thick coconut cream from the top of the can to use for this recipe. Discard the liquid under the cream, or save the liquid for another use, like for a smoothie.
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for helping support LoveThroughPlants!