Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan (of course!)
For your football Sundays, upcoming parties, Friday night cravings, and any other time you are in the mood for a platter of hot wings in front of you, these vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Bites are the perfect solution! Spicy, tender-yet-crisp, and naughty-but-nice, these perfectly accompanied plant-based buffalo bites and avocado dip will have you addicted in no time!
For The Wings:
- One head of cauliflower
- ¾ of a cup of gluten-free flour* of choice (all-purpose gluten-free, brown rice, chickpea, cassava, potato, etc.)
- 1½ cups of water (adjust to your flour)
- 1½ tsp. of garlic powder
- 1½ tsp. of onion powder
- 1½ tsp. of chili powder
- One tsp. of cumin
- Two to three cups of hot sauce of choice (such as Frank’s Red Hot)
For The Avocado Aioli:
- One avocado
- 1/4 of a cup of chopped cilantro
- The juice from one lime
- Pinch of salt and pepper (to taste)
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 430° Fahrenheit, and line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, chili power, and cumin until fully combined, then add the water to the flour mixture a little bit at a time to make a thick sauce. Your water amount may vary depending on your flour choice.
- Chop the cauliflower into florets, then dip them into the sauce to evenly coat each floret.
- Place the coated florets onto the lined baking sheet, then bake them for 25-30 minutes, or until crisp.
- After the florets have baked, pour the hot sauce into a large bowl, then dip each floret into the hot sauce to evenly coat.
- Place the hot-sauce-coated florets onto a freshly coated baking sheet, then bake them at 475° Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes, or until crisp and browned.
- While the cauliflower bakes, place the avocado aioli ingredients into food processor, then blend to create a creamy sauce.
- Once the cauliflower has finished baking, serve it with the avocado aioli.
- *I would not recommend using coconut flour.
- The bites may slightly vary in flavor depending on which flour you choose to use.
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for helping support LoveThroughPlants!