Serves: About two to three
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Grain-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan (of course!)
This Butternut Squash Hash is the perfect plant-based meal to enjoy for breakfast, lunch, or even for dinner (do I smell plant-based burgers with a side of Butternut Squash Hash?!). I love this dish because it is filled to the brim with nutrient-dense veggies that will nourish and fuel your body, while still oozing with tasty flavor!
- One medium butternut squash
- One red bell pepper
- One small-to-medium red onion
- Two cloves of garlic
- Four large handfuls of spinach
- 1/8 of a tsp. of garlic powder
- One sliced avocado, for serving
- Pinch of salt and pepper (to taste)
- Optional: a pinch of smoked paprika
- Water for cooking
How to make:
- Peel the skin off of the butternut squash, then slice the squash in half lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds.
- Chop the squash into 1/2-inch cubes, then place them in a large pan with 1/4 of a cup of water over medium-high heat. Stir every few minutes to prevent burning.
- While the squash cooks, dice the onion and red bell pepper, and mince the garlic.
- Add the onions, peppers, spinach, and garlic to the butternut squash, then sautée them until everything has evenly cooked through. Add water as needed for sautéeing.
- Add the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika (if using) to the pan, and stir to evenly combine.
- Serve with avocado.
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy: