Gluten-Free, Oil-Free, Soy-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Cozy up this autumn evening with this warming Butternut Squash Soup! This soup is full of flavor, packed with nutrients, and it is simple to make! What more could you want in a fall meal?
- One butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- One head of cauliflower, chopped
- One cup of vegetable broth
- Three garlic cloves, minced
- One yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 of a tsp. of oregano
- 1/4 of a tsp. of thyme
- 1/4 of a tsp. of cumin
- 1/4 of a tsp. of cinnamon
- 1/4 of a tsp. of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: a small dash of cayenne pepper for spice
How to make:
- Peel and cube the butternut squash, and chop the cauliflower into florets, then steam them until they are fork tender (roughly 20 minutes).
- While the butternut squash and the cauliflower steam, dice the onion and sautée it in water or vegetable broth over medium heat until translucent.
- Add the minced garlic to the onions, then sautée them for about 5-10 minutes or until the garlic has broken down.
- Once the butternut squash and the cauliflower are done steaming, place them in a high-speed blender or food processor and blend them until smooth.
- Add the spices, herbs, salt, pepper, and vegetable broth to the blender and blend until everything is combined.
- Serve the soup and enjoy!
*I like using a Vitamix for soups because not only does it blend better than any other blender, but it also warms the soup as it blends.
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
This post contains affiliate links, which means that when you make a purchase from a link, I receive a small commission and you are supporting LoveThroughPlants with no additional cost to you. Thank you for helping support LoveThroughPlants! For more information about my affiliate policy, please click here