Serves: about two
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan (of course!)
This caramel sauce is so simple, yet extremely delicious! My favorite way to enjoy this sauce is with apple slices!
- Ten medjool dates
- One cup of warm water, plus two tbsp. of water
- Optional, but extra delicious, add-ins: 1/2 of a tsp. of cinnamon, one tsp. of maple syrup
How to make:
- Soak the dates in one cup warm water for five-ten minutes, or until they are soft.*
- Drain the dates.
- In a food processor, blend the dates with two tbsp. of water until they become a paste.
- Process in optional add-ins, if desired.
*The drier your dates are before you soak them, the longer they will need to soak. If your dates are very soft and gooey to start with, then you may not even need to soak them.