Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Grain-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Get ready to fall in love with this Cauliflower Gnocchi Primavera! Every bite is oozing with flavor, nutrients, and, oh yeah, vegetables!! Who knew gnocchi could be made from cauliflower, and could be gluten-free, grain-free, and so simple to make?
This dish starts with the gnocchi: a base of cauliflower, coconut flour, herbs, salt, and pepper- sounds easy enough! Then it is piled high with asparagus and zucchini that are swimming in a homemade, light cherry tomato sauce that is bursting with flavor, and is infused with garlic, onions, and fresh herbs! You are really going to fall in love with this feast!
For the gnocchi:
- One large head of cauliflower
- ½ of a cup of coconut flour
- ½ of a tsp. of dried basil
- ½ of a tsp. of dried oregano
- ½ of a tsp. of garlic powder
- ½ of a tsp. of onion powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
For the primavera sauce:
- Two cups of cherry tomatoes
- One yellow onion
- Six cloves of garlic, minced
- ¾ of a cup of vegetable broth (low-sodium if possible)
- One bunch of asparagus, trimmed
- One medium zucchini
- 1/3 of a cup of chopped fresh basil
- One tbsp. of chopped fresh parsley
- Pinch of salt and pepper (or to taste)
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Chop the cauliflower into small florets, then place them onto the one of the lined baking sheets and bake them until soft and fork tender (about 15 minutes).
- While the cauliflower bakes, chop the onion, garlic, asparagus, zucchini, basil, and parsley, then cook the cherry tomatoes, vegetable broth, onions, and garlic in a large pot until the onions are translucent.
- Once the onions are translucent, place the lid on the pot and simmer the vegetables over low to medium-low, stirring every few minutes.
- Once the cauliflower has done baking, remove it from the oven and blend the florets in a food processor until smooth. Turn your oven down to 350 degrees Fahrenheit to cook the gnocchi.
- Pour the blended cauliflower, coconut flour, dried oregano, dried basil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper into a large bowl, them mix to evenly combine.
- Roll the gnocchi batter into small (about one inch or smaller) oval-like shapes (gnocchi shapes), then lightly press a fork on the top of each gnocchi, and place each gnocchi onto the lined baking sheet.
- Bake the gnocchi for 25-30 minutes.
- While the gnocchi bakes, finish making the sauce by squishing and stirring the cherry tomatoes in the pot to form a liquid-y sauce, then stirring in the zucchini, asparagus, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Place the lid back onto the pot, then cook the sauce until the zucchini is translucent and the asparagus is soft (stirring every few minutes).
- Once the gnocchi has finished baking, remove it from the oven then serve it with the primavera sauce on top.
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
This post contains affiliate links, which means that when you make a purchase from a link, I receive a small commission and you are supporting LoveThroughPlants with no additional cost to you. Thank you for helping support LoveThroughPlants! For more information about my affiliate policy, please click here.