Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Potato-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Mashed potatoes are a weakness of mine. Their richness and creaminess are just ever-so delicious! As I do believe that the humble potato should not be feared, I used cauliflower instead of potatoes for extra nutrients and a different approach to mashed potatoes!
How to video:
- One head of cauliflower
- 1/2 of a tsp. of garlic powder
- 1/8 of a tsp. of red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make:
- Chop the cauliflower into florets.
- Steam the cauliflower for about 15 minutes, or until they are fork-tender.
- Place the cauliflower into a high-speed blender or a food processor, and blend until they are smooth and creamy.
- Add the garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to the cauliflower mash, and blend them until they are well combined.
- Optional: top with chives when serving.