Gluten-Free, Oil-Free, Soy-Free, Grain-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Creamy, decadent, and delectable risotto that happens to be healthy, grain-free, and vegan!? Yes, please!! This dish is the perfect way to get more nutrient-dense veggies into your diet, without dreading the taste of them. Coated in a rich butternut squash cream sauce, you will not believe how delicious vegetables can be!
- Five cups of riced cauliflower
- One and a half cups of butternut squash puree
- The cream (discard the liquid) from one can of full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- One bunch of asparagus, chopped
- Two large cloves of garlic, minced
- ⅔ of a cup of diced yellow onion
- One tsp. of garlic powder
- A generous pinch of salt and pepper (or to taste)
- Water for sautéeing
How to make:
- Dice the onion and mince the garlic, then sautée them in a splash of water until the onions are translucent (keep water nearby when cooking to add as you need).
- Chop the top 2/3 of asparagus (bottom thirds can be bitter) into one-inch pieces, then mix it and the riced cauliflower into the onions and garlic.
- Cook the pot of veggies for ten minutes.
- Add the butternut squash puree, coconut cream, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the pot, then stir until thick and creamy.
- Once the asparagus and the cauliflower are soft and cooked all the way through (about 10-20 more minutes),serve the risotto.
Love this recipe? You may also love: