Makes: 18 cookies
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan (of course!)
As summer is approaching, cherry season is upon us! These chewy cherry cookies are the perfect nutritious, delicious, protein-filled treat for your warm days!
- One cup + 1/4 of cup of quinoa flour (I made homemade* flour, but you may certainly use store-bought flour )
- 1/2 of a cup of coconut sugar
- 1/2 of a tsp. of baking soda
- 1/4 of a tsp. of cinnamon
- 1/4 of a tsp. of pink Himalayan salt
- One flax egg
- 1/2 of a cup of applesauce
- One tbsp. of tahini
- 1/2 of a tsp. of vanilla
- 1/4 of a cup of water
- 12 cherries, pitted and diced
How to make:
- Make the flax egg, and place it in the refrigerator to jell (recipe here).
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Pit and dice the cherries.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, mix together all of wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix them together until they are fully combined.
- Fold the cherries into the batter.
- Scoop about one tbsp. of batter onto the baking sheet to form a cookie. Repeat this until all of batter is gone.
- Place the cookies batter into the oven and cook for 17 minutes.
*To make homemade quinoa flour, place one cup of uncooked quinoa into a pan (preferably non-stick) over medium-high heat. Cook the quinoa until it starts to pop and begins to toast. Grind the toasted quinoa in a grinder or a high-speed blender until it creates a flour. Sift the flour into a large bowl to ensure that there are no unblended quinoa seeds. (This will make roughly one cup + 1/4 of a cup of quinoa flour).