Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan (of course!)
This coconut quinoa stir-“fry” is full of plant-based protein, nutrients, healthy fats, and vegetables! Quinoa is one of the only plant-based foods to contain all nine of the essential amino acids, making it a perfect swap for the traditional rice in a stir-fry!
For the quinoa:
- Two cups of quinoa
- Four cups of water
- One tbsp. of raw coconut butter or canned coconut cream
- One head of broccoli
- One cup of one-inch cut green beans
- One large zucchini
- One large yellow squash
- One yellow onion
- Three cloves of garlic, minced
- Three tbsp. of coconut aminos* (or to taste)
- Three tbsp. of sesame seeds (or desired amount)
- One tsp. of ginger
- 1/4 of a tsp. of turmeric
- Optional: two tbsp. of coconut flakes
How to make:
- In a large pot, bring the water and the quinoa to a boil.
- While the quinoa and the water boil, dice the yellow onion and mince the garlic.
- Sauté the onions and garlic in a large pot with a splash of water until the onions are translucent.
- Once the quinoa and water are boiling, stir in the coconut butter/cream and simmer the quinoa with the lid on until it has absorbed the liquid (stir frequently).
- Chop the broccoli, green beans, zucchini, and the squash, then sautée them with the onions and garlic until fully cooked.
- Once the quinoa is fully cooked stir the coconut aminos, ginger, turmeric, and coconut flakes (if using) into the quinoa.
- Once the vegetables are done sautéing, add the quinoa to the vegetables and stir to evenly combine.
- Serve and enjoy!
*If you are not soy-free, you may use soy sauce, or tamari if you are gluten-free, instead of the coconut aminos.