Servings: three to four
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan (of course)
As the weather is turning bitterly cold, this plant-based Cranberry Chickpea Curry is definitely in order! With warming spices, lots of veggies, and the decadent heartiness of this dish, you will be warm, cozy, and happy enjoying this dish on a cold winter day!
- Two cans of cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed well (roughly four cups)
- One small yellow onion, diced
- Three cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/3 of a cup of fresh or frozen cranberries
- One red bell pepper, de-seeded and de-stemmed
- Four cups of spinach
- One can of full-fat coconut milk
- One cup of tomato sauce
- Two tsp. of curry powder
- One and a half tsp. of cumin
- 1/4 of a tsp. of ground turmeric
- Dash of ground coriander
- Pinch of salt and pepper (or to taste)
How to make:
- Dice the onion and red pepper, and mince the garlic, then sautée them in a large pot in a splash of water until the onions are translucent.
- Add the chickpeas, spinach, coconut milk, and tomato sauce to the pot, then stir to evenly combine.
- Add the curry powder, cumin, turmeric, coriander, salt, and pepper to the pot, then stir to evenly combine.
- Cook the ingredients for 20 minutes, then simmer the pot with the lid on for at least 30-45 minutes (the longer it simmers, the better and thicker it will become).
- Serve and enjoy!
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
This post contains affiliate links, which means that when you make a purchase from a link, I receive a small commission and you are supporting LoveThroughPlants with no additional cost to you. Thank you for helping support LoveThroughPlants! For more information about my affiliate policy, please click here.