Serves: about ten
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Cranberry and orange has always been one of my favorite flavor combinations! I used to eat cranberry orange bagels when I was younger and the delicious taste has always been a love of mine. This bread will surely kiss your tastebuds the second you take a bite!
- One cup of teff flour
- 1/2 of a cup of coconut sugar
- One and 1/4 of a tsp. of baking powder
- 1/4 of a tsp. of baking soda
- 1/3 of a cup of fresh orange juice (the juice from about one orange)
- The zest from one orange
- One tbsp. of apple sauce
- One flax egg
- One cup of diced fresh or frozen cranberries, plus more for topping
How to make:
- Make your flax egg, recipe here.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper.*
- Dice the cranberries.
- In large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together your wet ingredients.
- Add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients and mix them together until they are well combined.
- Fold the chopped cranberries into the batter.
- Add the batter into the baking dish and top it with more diced cranberries and orange slices, if you would like.
- Place the dish into the over and bake it for 55 minutes to one hour (or until a toothpick comes out clean.)
*You can find an unbleached, compostable, and vegan parchment paper here.