Makes: nine large cookies
Gluten-Free, Oil-Free, Soy-Free, Refined-Sugar-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Holiday cookies, anyone? These Cranberry Orange Cookies are the epitome of the holidays! With the delicious flavor combination of cranberry and orange, and the wholesome, plant-based ingredients, these cookies are the perfect dessert to share with your friends and family this holiday season!
- One and 1/4 of a cup of buckwheat flour
- One cup of almond flour
- 1/4 of a tsp. of cinnamon
- One tsp. of baking soda
- One tsp. of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- The zest and the juice from one large orange
- 1/2 of a cup of maple syrup
- 1/4 of a cup of applesauce
- 1/2 of a tsp. of vanilla
- One tbsp. of melted coconut butter (can sub nut butter of choice)
- 3/4 of a cup of chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, plus 1/4 of a cup for topping
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients, except for the cranberries, to the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Fold the 3/4 cup of cranberries into the batter.
- Using a large spoon, place a scoop of the batter onto the lined baking sheet and spread out the batter to form a cookie. Repeat this until your batter is used up (my batch yielded nine large cookies.)
- Top the cookies with additional chopped cranberries.
- Bake the cookies for about 25 minutes, or until they are baked all the way through.
- Serve and enjoy!
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for helping support LoveThroughPlants!