Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Grain-Free, Vegan(of course!)
Dinner is served! This creamy, hearty, and delicious soup will definitely be a crowd pleaser! Full of flavor, nutrients, plant-based protein, and healthy fats and carbs, you simply cannot go wrong with this soup!
For the soup:
- One can of butternut squash puree (roughly two cups)
- One can of full-fat coconut milk
- One large yellow onion
- Two large cloves of garlic
- Two cans of black beans, drained and rinsed (roughly four cups)
- One red bell pepper, de-seeded and de-stemmed
- 1/2 of a cup of diced cherry tomatoes
- The juice from half of a lime
- 1/3 of a cup+one tbsp. of chunky medium salsa (I used the Whole Foods 365 brand)
- Two tbsp. of chopped cilantro
- Two and a half tsp. of chili powder
- One and a half tsp. of ground cumin
- One and a half tsp. of garlic powder
- 1/4 of a tsp. of dried oregano
- 1/8 of a tsp. of black pepper (or to taste)
- Pinch of salt (or to taste)
- Optional: small pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 of a cup of water for sautéeing
How to make:
- Dice the onion, red bell pepper, tomatoes, and cilantro.
- Sautée the onion and the pepper in water in a large pot until the onion is translucent, then add the tomatoes and garlic and sautée them for three minutes.
- Add the black beans, cilantro, butternut squash puree, coconut milk, salsa, and lime juice to the pot, then stir to combine.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, cayenne pepper (if using), salt, and pepper to the pot, then stir the evenly combine.
- Stir the soup for ten minutes, then simmer the soup with the lid on for at least 30 minutes to ensure that the flavors meld and the soup thickens (the longer the soup simmers, the better it will be.)
- Serve with avocado and enjoy!
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
This post contains affiliate links, which means that when you make a purchase from a link, I receive a small commission and you are supporting LoveThroughPlants with no additional cost to you. Thank you for helping support LoveThroughPlants! For more information about my affiliate policy, please click here.