Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Bring on the creaminess! This Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Spaghetti Squash is the perfect satisfying meal for those chilly, cozy nights. Not only is this dish delicious but it also is chock-full of plant-based nutrients that will keep you happy and healthy!
- One medium Spaghetti squash
- One can of white beans, drained and rinsed well (I used cannellini)
- Two cups of spinach
- One avocado
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce:
- One red bell pepper
- One can of butternut squash purée (I found mine at Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods)
- 1/4 of a cup of plant-based milk (I used almond milk)
- One clove of garlic (use two if small)
- 1/4 of a tsp. of dried oregano
- 1/4 of a tsp. of dried basil
- Pinch of salt and black pepper (or to taste)
How to make:
- Preheat you oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds, and then remove the top and the seeds from the red bell pepper.
- Place the spaghetti squash face down and the red bell pepper on its side onto the lined baking sheet, then bake the squash for one hour and remove the pepper after about 20 minutes, or until the side facing up has turned black.
- While the squash and pepper bake, steam the spinach.
- Remove the pepper from the oven and peel off the outer skin, then place it and the other sauce ingredients into a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Once the squash is done baking, pull the spaghetti strings out of the skin with a fork, then mix them with the sauce and serve them with the spinach, beans, and avocado.
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
This post contains affiliate links, which means that when you make a purchase from a link, I receive a small commission and you are supporting LoveThroughPlants with no additional cost to you. Thank you for helping support LoveThroughPlants! For more information about my affiliate policy, please click here.