Serves: One for a meal, three to four as a side
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Grain-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Fall is in full swing, meaning it’s time for a big bowl of warming, nourishing, autumnal food! This Fall Harvest Bowl is bursting with flavor, easy to make, comes together quickly so you can have dinner on the table in no time, and is dressed with the creamiest, tastiest avocado and sage dressing to solidify each flavor component in this bowl! Fall, you’ve met your bowl!
For the bowl:
- One medium sweet potato
- ½ of cup of quartered Brussels sprouts
- Five stalks of broccolini
- Pomegranate seeds for topping
- Two large handfuls of spinach
For the dressing:
- One avocado
- The juice from half of a lemon
- One large clove of garlic
- Five leaves of fresh parsley
- Four leaves of fresh sage
- ½ of a cup of water (adjust to your thickness preference)
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make:
- Chop the sweet potato into small chunks, and chop the Brussels sprouts into quarters, then place them in a covered steam pot on high.
- Once the sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts are ¾ of the way cooked, add the broccolini to the pot and steam until everything is cooked through.
- While the veggies steam, place the dressing ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and fully combined.
- Once the veggies are done steaming, place the spinach into a salad-sized bowl, then top with the steamed veggies, dressing, and pomegranate seeds and mix to fully combine.
- Serve and enjoy!
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy: