Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Even though most meals this season are warm, sometimes a nice, crisp salad is just what your body needs. Full of autumnal flavors, plant-based protein, and nutrients, this Fall Salad will keep you in the autumn spirit, while keeping you healthy, happy, and satisfied.
For the salad:
- One head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- One small apple, diced (any variety will work)
- 1/4 of a cup of diced cucumber
- 1/2 of a cup of cooked chickpeas
- Two tbsp. of dried cranberries (or more if desired)
- 1/4 of a cup of diced oranges
- A hand full of walnut pieces
For the dressing:
- One avocado
- The juice from half of a lemon
- 1/4 of a tsp. of dried basil
- 1/4 of a tsp. of dried oregano
- 1/4. of a tsp. of garlic powder
- Generous pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of salt
How to make:
- Chop the lettuce, apples, orange, and cucumber, then mix them in a bowl with the chickpeas, dried cranberries, and walnuts.
- Make the dressing by mashing the avocado, then mixing the lemon juice, basil, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper into the mashed avocado.
- Mix the dressing into the salad.
- Serve and enjoy!
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
This post contains affiliate links, which means that when you make a purchase from a link, I receive a small commission and you are supporting LoveThroughPlants with no additional cost to you. Thank you for helping support LoveThroughPlants! For more information about my affiliate policy, please click here.