Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Grain-Free, Flourless, Vegan (of course!)
So, a pizza and a taco walk into a bar; and thus, this Fiesta Flatbread is created! With a grain-free, flourless, high-protein, black-bean crust, guacamole doubling as the cream-factor and as a sauce, and Mexican-spiced tomatoes and spinach for topping, this Fiesta Flatbread is the perfect plant-based, flavor-powerhouse dish to serve and enjoy!
For The Crust:
- Two cans of black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1/4 of a cup of butternut squash purée
- 1/2 of a tsp. of chili powder
- Two garlic cloves
- Pinch of salt and pepper (or to taste)
- Guacamole (about one cup, or enough to spread evenly onto the pizza crust as a sauce)
- Three medium tomatoes, diced
- Two to three cups of spinach
- 1/4 of a tsp. of chili powder
- 1/4 of a tsp. of garlic powder
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and line baking sheet or a pizza pan with parchment paper.
- Drain and rinse the beans, then place them and the butternut squash purée into a food processor and blend until smooth and fully combined.
- Blend the chili powder, garlic, salt, and pepper into the bean mixture until smooth and fully combined.
- Pour the batter onto the lined baking sheet/pizza pan, then spread the batter into a 1/2 of an inch thick pizza shape of choice.
- Bake the crust for about 40-45 minutes, or until it has hardened and crisped fully.
- When the crust has about ten minutes left to bake, dice the tomatoes, then sautée them with the spinach, garlic powder, and chili powder in a splash of water until the spinach has wilted and the tomatoes are soft.
- Remove the crust from the oven, then allow it to cool for about five minutes.
- Spread the guacamole evenly onto the crust, then top the pizza with the spinach and tomato mixture.
- Cut, serve, and enjoy!
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy: