Servings: about Four
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Grain-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Hello, creeeamy deliciousness!! How are you vegan!? Thick, velvety, rich, decadent, heavenly, blissful, luscious, oh my, I could go on and on! Not only is this irresistible dish angelically delectable but it also is quite easy to make!
If you are weary of using spaghetti squash, DON’T BE! You will never even know that this dish is not made from real pasta! It’s just that good!
- One medium spaghetti squash
- One small to medium head of cauliflower
- 1/2 of a cup of raw cashews, soaked in hot water for one hour
- One tbsp. of garlic powder
- Two tsp. of dried basil
- Two tsp. of dried oregano
- The juice from one large lemon
- The juice from half of a lime
- Two to three cups of spinach
- Generous pinch of black pepper (or to taste)
- Pinch of salt (or to taste)
How to make:
- Place the cashews into a medium-sized bowl, then pour enough hot water to cover them. Soak the cashews for one hour (it’s okay if the water gets cold during the soaking time).
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, then scoop out and discard the seeds.
- Place the spaghetti squash face-down onto the lined baking sheet, then bake it for one hour.
- While the squash cooks, cut the cauliflower into florets, then steam them until fork-tender.
- Drain the cashews, then place them and the fork-tender cauliflower into a high-speed blender (a food-processor should work, also), and blend until smooth and fully combined (place the cauliflower at the bottom of the blender).
- Blend the garlic powder, basil, oregano, lemon juice, lime juice, salt, and pepper into the cashew-cauliflower mixture until smooth and fully combined.
- Once the spaghetti squash is done baking, remove it from the oven and pull the strands out with a fork (they should come out very easily), then place the squash strands and the spinach into a large pot.
- Pour the sauce over the squash and the spinach, then heat them all over medium heat until the spinach has cooked down and everything is warm.
- Serve and enjoy!!
- You may adjust everything to your own taste. If you feel that there needs to be more of a certain herb or spice, go ahead and add away! The seasonings can be added very liberally to the sauce.
- If you want to kick the sauce up a notch, you may add some red chili pepper flakes or cayenne pepper!
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy: