Yields: about two dozen cookies
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Grain-Free, Vegan (of course!)
How can you have the holiday season without gingerbread cookies? These vegan Gingerbread Cookies will most definitely sweeten up the holidays! Made with wholesome, plant-based ingredients, packed with nutrients, and loaded with delicious flavor, these cookies are a no-brainer to bake up during this cozy season! Plus, they are grain-free and refined-sugar-free, which is an even greater advantage that these delights have to offer! Happy baking!!
- One and a half cups of almond flour
- One and a half cups of chickpea flour (you can most likely sub buckwheat flour, or gluten-free flour, or regular flour, but I have not tested)
- 1/2 of a cup of coconut flour
- Two tsp. of coconut sugar, plus more for topping
- Two tsp. of baking soda
- Two tsp. of ground ginger
- One and a half tsp. of cinnamon
- One and a half tsp. of ground cloves
- 1/4 of a tsp. of allspice
- One cup of maple syrup
- One tbsp. of black strap molasses (regular molasses will work also)
- 1/4 of a tsp. of vanilla
- The juice from half of a lemon
- 1/4 of a cup of unsweetened applesauce
For The Coconut-Raspberry Icing:
- 1/2 of a cup of coconut butter (this is simply coconut pureé (like a nut butter), not a vegan butter substitute)
- 1/4 of a cup of unsweetened raspberry jelly/jam/preserves/fruit spread (I used this)
- One tsp. of maple syrup
- One tsp. of vanilla
- Three tbsp. of water
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, then mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until a thick batter forms.
- Form two-inch balls of dough, then flatten them down onto the lined baking sheet to form cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes.
- While the cookies bake, make the icing by melting the coconut butter, then mix the raspberry jelly, maple syrup, vanilla, and water into the coconut butter.
- Once the cookies are done baking, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool completely before icing them.
- Once the cookies and the icing are both cool, frost the cookies by placing three dots on each cookie, or however you would like the frost them.
- Serve and enjoy!
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
This post contains affiliate links, which means that when you make a purchase from a link, I receive a small commission and you are supporting LoveThroughPlants with no additional cost to you. Thank you for helping support LoveThroughPlants! For more information about my affiliate policy, please click here.