Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Grain-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Hellooo, Grain-Free Vegan “Cheese” Pizza, I’m so glad that we have met! Full of protein, fiber, and nourishing plant-based nutrients, this pizza is the perfect meal for any time of day (I’m talking to you dinner-for-breakfast-eaters!). Shall we dive right in?
- One yucca root, steamed
- One tsp. of maple syrup
- 1/4 of a tsp. of dried basil
- 1/4 of a tsp. of dried oregano
- 1/4 of a tsp. of garlic powder
- Pinch of pink Himalayan or sea salt
- 1/2 of a cup of hummus (homemade or store bought)
- 1/2 of a head of cauliflower, steamed
- 1/2 of a tsp. of paprika
- 1/2 of a tsp. of onion powder
- Two tsp. of coconut aminos (or soy sauce if not soy-free)
- One cup of red sauce of choice (I used this sauce)
- One tsp. of dried basil
- One tsp. of dried oregano
- 1/2 of a tsp. of garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper (optional)
How to make:
- Peel the yucca and chop it and the cauliflower.
- Steam the yucca and cauliflower until the cauliflower is fork tender.
- Once the cauliflower is fork-tender, keep steaming the yucca and place the cauliflower in a high-speed blender with the other cheese ingredients and blend them until smooth and fully combined. Set the “cheese” sauce aside.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once the yucca is soft and fork-tender (like a potato about to be mashed), place it in a food processor with the other crust ingredients and blend until a smooth, thick dough forms.
- Place the dough in between two pieces of wax paper, then roll the dough into into a pizza crust shape.
- Place the crust onto the lined baking sheet, then bake it for 35 minutes, or until crispy.
- Keeping the oven on, remove the crust from the oven and spread the red sauce on it, then “cheese”, then the herbs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place the pizza back into the oven and bake it for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
This post contains affiliate links, which means that when you make a purchase from a link, I receive a small commission and you are supporting LoveThroughPlants with no additional cost to you. Thank you for helping support LoveThroughPlants! For more information about my affiliate policy, please click here