Makes: Three to four tacos
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Who needs meat when you have cauliflower? Yes, cauliflower! With a little help from some BBQ sauce and other delicious plant-based foods, you can transform cauliflower into tasty Hawaiian taco meat!
- One large head of cauliflower
- 1/2 of a cup of vegan BBQ sauce (I used Tessemaes)
Taco and toppings:
- Three to four small tortillas (I used corn tortillas)
- 1/3 of a cup of diced pineapple
- One head of chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 of a cup of red kidney beans
- 1/4 of a cup of white beans
- One sliced avocado
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop the cauliflower into florets.
- Place the florets into a large bowl, then pour the BBQ sauce over the cauliflower, and evenly coat each floret.
- Place the florets onto the lined baking sheet, then bake them for 45 minutes.
- While the cauliflower bakes, chop the pineapple, romaine lettuce, and avocado.
- When the florets are done baking, finely slice them until they reach a shredded consistency.
- Build your tacos by placing the romaine lettuce on top of the tortillas, and then placing the remaining ingredients on top of the lettuce.
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy: