Serves: One to Four (one for a meal, 2-4 for a side)
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Grain-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Tomatoes and peaches, two of my favorite foods. Heirloom tomatoes and white peaches, a whole new level of my favorite foods! Heirloom tomatoes, white peaches, and creamy avocado dressing atop a bed of fresh greens and cilantro? We may just have a winner!
During my weekly visit to Whole Foods (sometimes semiweekly…or more…I just love Whole Foods!), the very first items to appear as I walked in through the doors were organic heirloom tomatoes and organic white peaches at their peak of ripeness, so of course I had to stock up! I already had lettuce on my grocery list, and the flavor combination had me salivating; thus, this vibrant, sweet, savory, luscious, delectable salad was born!
For the Salad:
- ¼ of a head of leaf lettuce
- Two large handfuls of spring mix
- One large heirloom tomato (yellow, red, and orange all work perfectly!)
- One white peach (larger is better!)
- ¼ of a cup of chopped cilantro
For the Dressing:
- One to two avocados (use two if small)
- Two large cloves of garlic, minced
- The juice from one lime
- Generous pinch of salt and pepper
How to make:
- Chop the lettuce, tomato, cilantro, and white peach.
- Place all of the salad ingredients into a large bowl, then lightly toss to evenly distribute each component.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado(s) until creamy, then stir in the minced garlic, lime juice, salt, and pepper until fully combined.
- Pour the dressing on top of the salad, the mix to evenly coat the salad.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If you want to kick things up a notch, try adding some chili powder and smoked paprika for some heat!
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy: