Yields: Five medium-sized, thick pancakes
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Grain-Free, refined-Sugar-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Fluffy, thick, delicious, stack-tastic pancakes, what could be better? This tower of fluffy, blueberry love offers about seven grams of plant-based protein per pancake, with the help of chickpea flour and almond flour! And, this stack also offers zinc, iron, calcium, vitamin E, copper, magnesium, manganese, folate, phosphorus, and fiber! Who would not want to dig right into these!?
- One cup of chickpea flour
- 1/2 of a cup of almond flour
- 1/3 of a cup of applesauce
- One tsp. of baking soda
- One tbsp. of lemon juice (about half of a lemon)
- Two tsp. of cinnamon
- 1/2 of a tsp. of vanilla
- One tbsp. of coconut sugar
- 1/3 of a cup of water
- Pinch of salt
- One cup of fresh or frozen blueberries (I used frozen wild blueberries, which are superior to regular blueberries)
- Maple syrup for serving
How to make:
- In a large bowl, mix together the chickpea flour, almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, coconut sugar, and salt until fully and evenly combined.
- Mix the applesauce, lemon juice, water, and vanilla into the bowl until evenly and fully combined.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat (if you do no have a non-stick pan, you will have to grease your pan with oil. I recommend using avocado oil, as it has a very high smoke point and offers many more nutritional benefits than most oils), then pour one to two tbsp. of batter per pancake into the pan (you may have to help spread the batter into a circle, as the batter is quite thick).
- Evenly sprinkle blueberries onto each pancake, then cook the pancakes for about two to three minutes on each side.
- Remove the pancakes from the pan, then serve them with maple syrup and other toppings of choice.
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
This post contains affiliate links, which means that when you make a purchase from a link, I receive a small commission and you are supporting LoveThroughPlants with no additional cost to you. Thank you for helping support LoveThroughPlants! For more information about my affiliate policy, please click here.