Makes: Three buns, top and bottom (six slices total)
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Yeast-free, Vegan (of course!)
These burger buns are very versatile, and go with veggie burgers (such as my Italian Burger), and they can be used as sandwich bread or toast. They are simple to make and delicious to eat!
- Two cups of teff flour
- 1/2 of a cup of almond milk
- One tbsp. of lemon juice
- 2/3 of a cup of water
- One tsp. of baking powder
- One tsp. of pink Himalayan salt
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the almond milk and the lemon juice, then let them sit for five minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the water and the almond milk and lemon mixture to the dry ingredients, and mix them until they are homogeneous.
- Form the dough into thick, five-inch rounds and place them on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake the dough for 15 minutes.
- Once they cool, slice around the edges of each bun until they form two buns.
- Serve with desired food (such a base for or toast, like avocado toast, or sandwiches: ALT Sandwich , or veggie burgers: Italian Burger, Mexican Three-Bean Burgers)