Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, No Sugar Added, Nut-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Hellooo, Holidays!!! Homemade Holiday Applesauce has arrived! Warm, thick, sweet, and cinnamon-y, this deliciousness is the perfect dish to serve at any holiday gathering! Move over, turkey, because this applesauce just bumped you off the Thanksgiving plate!
- 15 gala apples
- The juice from one large lemon
- One tsp. of cinnamon
- 1/2 of a cup + one tbsp. of water
How to make:
- Peel, core, and chop the apples
- Place the chopped apples, lemon juice, and water into a large pot over medium-high heat, then cover them to allow the apples to get soft (stir frequently to prevent burning/boiling over.)
- Once the apples are soft and easily able to be mashed, turn the heat down to low and mash the apples with a fork or a potato masher until a thick, applesauce consistency forms
- Stir the cinnamon into the mashed apples until fully combined.
- Serve and enjoy!
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
This post contains affiliate links, which means that when you make a purchase from a link, I receive a small commission and you are supporting LoveThroughPlants with no additional cost to you. Thank you for helping support LoveThroughPlants! For more information about my affiliate policy, please click here.