Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Sugar-Free, Grain-Free, Vegan (of course!)
I currently have four different types of salsa in my refrigerator, and I have no shame. Salsa is one of my go-to savory snacks, my “there is literally nothing to eat so I’ll just have salsa” snacks, and my pride and joy at Mexican restaurants. So, it is about time I developed my own salsa recipe! Plus, fresh salsa always tastes 10x better than the pre-packaged stuff!
This Homemade Salsa is chock-full of flavor; fresh, vibrant ingredients like red onion and (lots of!) cilantro; it requires minimal ingredients and effort, and it only takes about 5-10 minutes to make! Who knew salsa was so easy to make?
- Four medium tomatoes
- 1/2 of a cup of chopped red onion
- 1/2 of a cup of cilantro
- The juice from half of a lime
- 1/2 of a tsp. of garlic powder or one large clove of minced garlic
- 1/4 of a tsp. of chili powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- A dash of cayenne pepper
How to make:
- Chop the tomatoes, onion, and garlic (if using), then pulse the tomatoes in a food processor until roughly broken down.
- Pulse in the remaining ingredients until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Serve and enjoy!
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy: