Yeilds: 12 Key Lime Cups
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Grain-Free, Refined-Sugar-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Key lime pie in a mini, contained cup? Sign me up! Nothing says warm weather like citrus and frozen dessert, especially when the dessert is vegan and naturally sweetened!
These Key Lime Cups are easy to make, and they boast healthy, simple, plant-based ingredients like sweet potato, pecans, and Natural Delights Medjool Dates! I love using Natural Delights Medjool Dates in this recipe because they are ultra soft (they make blending a dream!), and they provide the perfect sugar-swap and stickiness for the crust.
With sweet potato as the creamy base (how cool is that!?) and Medjool Dates as the sweetener, these Key Lime Cups are guilt-free and perfect for any time of day!
For The Filling:
- One and a half cups of mashed Japanese sweet potato flesh
- 1/4 of a cup of lime juice
- One and a half tbsp. of lime zest
- One tsp. of vanilla
For The Crust:
- 3/4 of a cup of pecans
- 1/2 of a cup of coconut flakes
- Half of a tsp. of cinnamon
- Six Natural Delights Pitted Medjool Dates, soaked
How to make:
- Soak the dates in a bowl in enough hot water to cover them for ten minutes, and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners or with parchment paper.
- Blend the pecans, cinnamon, and coconut flakes in a food processor until they have fully broken down into a ground consistency.
- Drain the dates, then blend them into the cinnamon-pecan-coconut mixture until smooth, sticky, and fully combined.
- Divide the crust batter evenly into each lined slot of the muffin tin, then spread and form them into circular crusts.
- Place the filling ingredients into a bowl, then mix until fully combined and incorporated.
- Divide and spread the filling onto each crust.
- Freeze the Key Lime Cups for one hour.
- Remove the Key Lime Cups from the freezer and serve.
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
Thank you, Natural Delights for sponsoring this recipe! I am so grateful to work with companies that support LoveThroughPlants, and that I truly believe in to share with all of you! As always, all opinions are my own.