Servings: about ten.
Gluten-free, Soy-free, Oil-free, Vegan (of course!)
Yes, you read this correctly. This is a recipe for vegan lasagna! Going vegan does not mean that you have to give up you favorite comfort foods. With this vegan lasagna, you will not even be able to tell that the “cheese” is made from almonds! This decadent dish will surely suffice your lasagna desires!
- One box of gluten-free lasagna noodles (or lasagna noodles of your choice)
- One jar of Engine 2 Plant Strong tomato basil pasta sauce *
- One jar of Walnut Acres low sodium tomato bail sauce *
- Three packages of Kite Hill almond ricotta
- Two tbsp. of fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp. of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
How To make:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the two tomato basil sauces in a large bowl.
- In another large bowl, combine the almond ricotta, parsley, nutmeg, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- In a large baking dish, spread a layer of tomato basil sauce.
- Layer uncooked lasagna noodles, on top of the sauce.
- Layer the almond ricotta, on top of the noodles.
- Continue to layer the sauce, noodles, then the almond ricotta. Make sure that your final layer is the sauce.**
- Bake at 375 for 45-50 minutes.
*You may use any tomato basil sauce of your choosing; however, I prefer these two sauces. If you prefer to use one brand of tomato basil sauce, make sure that you use two jars.
**Optional, but even tastier: sprinkle dried basil, oregano, and garlic powder on the top of your lasagna before baking.
***For best flavor, allow the lasagna to cool a bit to ensure that all of the flavors meld together.
Note: This lasagna not only keeps in the refrigerator but it also tastes even better the next day!