Makes: One bowl
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan (of course!)
This Mediterranean Bowl is the whole shebang! Filled with veggies, healthy fats, healthy, complex carbs, complete plant-based protein, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, this bowl of deliciousness is the perfect meal to nourish your body!
- My zucchini-turmeric falafels (desired amount)
- One cup of chopped kale
- 1/4 of a cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 of a large cucumber
- 1/3 of a cup quinoa
- One to two garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 of a tsp. of coconut cream or raw coconut butter (can be found here)
- 1/2 of a lemon, juiced
- My maple-tahini dressing plus one tsp. of vegan plain, unsweetened yogurt (I used Kite Hill)
- One to two tbsp. of hummus (I used engine2diet’s roasted red bell pepper hummus; however, you can also use my Oil-Free Hummus recipe)
- 1/2 of an avocado, sliced
- Sesame seeds for topping
How to Make:
- Make the zucchini-turmeric falafels.
- In a medium-sized pot, bring the 1/3 of a cup of quinoa with 2/3 of a cup of water to a boil.
- While the water boils, chop the kale, cucumber, and avocado, then set them aside.
- Once the quinoa and water are boiling, stir in the minced garlic and coconut to the quinoa, then cook the quinoa with the lid on the pot for about ten minutes, or until the quinoa has absorbed the liquid.
- While the quinoa cooks, steam the chopped kale and cherry tomatoes for about ten minutes, or until the kale has wilted and the tomatoes are soft and squishy.
- While the food is cooking, make the maple-tahini dressing, stirring in one tsp. of vegan yogurt into the dressing.
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and top with the sesame seeds, hummus, dressing, and lemon juice.