Yields: Six patties
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Grain-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Bring on the greens! Most of us know just how vital the consumption of greens is for our bodies, as they help aid digestion, and they contain essential vitamins, chlorophyl, and minerals. However, the majority of us have difficulty not only eating enough greens but also eating any greens at all. Well, my salad haters, these Mega Green Burgers are just for you!
Almost every ingredient in these burgers is green, making them the quintessential dish to help get some greens into our bodies! And, thanks to some garlic, lemon, and basil (a delicious green bonus!!), these burgers are melt-in-your-mouth delicious! Plus, these burgers are oozing with plant-based protein, so no worries for our carnivorous friends who fret over protein.
Greens, delectable flavor, and plant-based protein? I’m in!
- Three cups of chopped kale
- Three cups of cooked peas (if using canned, be sure to drain the liquid)
- One small zucchini
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- One large handful of fresh parsley
- Three garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 of a cup of almond flour (you can most likely sub with oat flour, but I have not tested)
- One tbsp. + two tsp. of coconut flour
- 1/2 of a tsp. of garlic powder
- The juice from half of a lemon
- Pinch of salt and pepper (or to taste)
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop the ends off of the zucchini, then chop it into thirds and pulse them in a food processor until they have finely broken down.
- Blend the kale, parsley, and basil into the shredded zucchini until fully broken down.
- Blend the peas into the zucchini, kale, parsley, and basil until they have fully broken down and form a paste-like consistency.
- Blend the lemon juice and garlic into the mixture until fully incorporated.
- Blend the almond flour, coconut flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper into the mixture until smooth.
- Form the batter into six even patties, then place them onto the lined baking sheet.
- Bake the patties for 45 minutes, then flip them and bake them for an additional five minutes.
- Serve the patties with vegan burger buns and your favorite toppings (I like avocado, tomatoes, and red onion).
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
This post contains affiliate links, which means that when you make a purchase from a link, I receive a small commission and you are supporting LoveThroughPlants with no additional cost to you. Thank you for helping support LoveThroughPlants! For more information about my affiliate policy, please click here.