Serves: about 3-4
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Grain-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Who doesn’t love the classic Mexican rice and beans? And, who doesn’t love to get some hidden veggies into their bodies? Well, this healthy, vegan, gluten-free, and grain-free dish will certainly be a crowd pleaser! It is simple to make, crazily healthy, and, of course, delicious!
- One head of cauliflower
- One can of black beans, drained and rinsed well
- One yellow onion, diced
- Four garlic cloves, minced
- Water or vegetable broth for sautéing
- The juice from half of a lime
- One 15-oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1/4 of a cup of chunky, medium salsa (I used the WholeFoods 365 brand)
- Three tbsp. of chopped cilantro
- Two tsp. of chili powder
- Two. tsp. of cumin
- Dash of salt and black pepper
How to make:
- Chop the cauliflower into florets, then pulse them in a food processor until a “rice” consistency is reached. Set the “rice” aside.
- Dice the onion, then sautée it in a large pot with a splash of water/vegetable broth until the onion is translucent.
- Mince the garlic and sautée it with the translucent onions until it has cooked through (about three minutes.)
- Add the riced cauliflower, black beans, tomato sauce, salsa, lime juice, spices, salt, and pepper to the onions and garlic, then stir until fully combined and hot.
- Serve the “rice” and beans with avocado.
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
This post contains affiliate links, which means that when you make a purchase from a link, I receive a small commission and you are supporting LoveThroughPlants with no additional cost to you. Thank you for helping support LoveThroughPlants! For more information about my affiliate policy, please click here