Serves: about ten
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Grain-Free, Vegan (of course)
Your lasagna just got upgraded! Not only is this lasagna vegan but it also has a Mexican flare and it is grain-free! I for one am always up for Mexican food, and I absolutely love using sweet potatoes instead of the traditional pasta in a lasagna! What could could be better than this dish?
- Two large sweet potatoes
- Cashew Sour Cream
- Two cups of cooked pinto beans
- Two cups of cooked black beans
- Two and a half cups of tomato sauce
- One tsp. of cumin
- One tsp. of chili powder
- One tsp. of garlic powder
- A dash of salt and pepper
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make the Cashew Sour Cream.
- Wash and chop the sweet potatoes into thin rounds (about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch)
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until homogeneous.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the black beans and pinto beans.
- Layer the spiced tomato sauce at the bottom of an 8×10 baking dish.
- Layer the chopped sweet potatoes in rows over the sauce.
- Layer the cashew sour cream over the sweet potatoes.
- Layer the beans over the cashew sour cream.
- Continue to layer each ingredient until there are no ingredients left.
- Bake the lasagna for about 50-60 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are soft and fork-tender.
- While the lasagna cooks, make the Guacamole.
- Once the lasagna is done cooking, serve it with guacamole on top.
- For more vegan Mexican dishes, check out my Simple Mexican Lettuce Cups, Curly Sweet Potato Fry Nachos, and Mexican Three-Bean Burgers
- For a more traditional lasagna, check out my vegan Lasagna