Makes: about 13 mini balls
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Fruit-Sweetened, Vegan (of course!)
How can anyone resist the salivating combination of sweet and savory? These mini salted chocolate-covered caramels are the perfect snack to treat your sweet and savory food desires!
- Eight dates
- 1/4 of a cup of vegan chocolate chips (I like these)
- About 13 pinches of pink Himalayan salt
How to make:
- Soak the dates for about five minutes in water.
- Drain the dates and place them in a food processor.
- Blend the dates until they have broken down and are creamy.
- Form the date-paste into mini balls and place a toothpick through each one.
- Melt the chocolate chips.
- Dip each date-ball into the chocolate.
- Add a pinch of salt over each ball.
- Place the caramels into the freezer for about 20-30 minutes. (Or until the chocolate has frozen completely)