Makes: about ten servings
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Raw, Grain-Free, Vegan (of course!)
I am always on the hunt for a delicious-tasting, grain-free granola. I am not against grains; however, most granolas contain oats and oats can sometimes upset my stomach. My first grain-free granola, my Cinnamon-Raisin-Bun Granola, was a wonderful success, but you can never have too many granola recipes! This is why I have made a new granola. It is even simpler than my Cinnamon-Raisin-Bun Granola because it is no-bake!
This recipe is inspired by and adapted from the “Mulberry Grawnola Cereal” recipe in the amazing Ellen Fisher’s first ebook “Epic Raw Food.” Check out her website: ellenfisher.com, which is filled with vegan tips and her two ebooks, her Instagram: @EllenFisher, and her youtube channel: EllenFisher!
- One cup of dried mulberries
- 1/4 of a cup of shredded coconut flakes
- 1/4 of a cup of walnuts
- One and a half tsp. of cinnamon of cinnamon
- 5-6 pitted dates, soaked for ten minutes
- A pinch of pink Himalayan salt
How to make:
- De-pit the dates, then soak in water them for ten minutes.
- In a food processor, pulse the mulberries until they have broken down into tiny chunks.
- Pulse in the coconut flakes until they have combined with the mulberries and are broken down.
- Drain the dates, and pulse in the dates until they have stuck to the mulberry-coconut mixture and are broken down.
- Pulse in the walnuts until they are shredded and have stuck to the mixture.
- Pulse in the cinnamon and the salt until the cinnamon is fully combined into all of the ingredients.
- Enjoy on its own or on top of a smoothie bowl (such as my Summer Smoothie Bowl)