Yields: About 20
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Grain-Free, Refined-Sugar-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Say hello to your new favorite (healthy!) dessert! Easy to make, no baking necessary, no sugar or sweetener added (thank you, bananas!), and packed with simple, nutritious ingredients like bananas and coconut! How amazing are these macaroons!?
- One cup of mashed overripe bananas
- 1¼ cup of shredded coconut flakes
- Three tbsp of coconut flour
- 1/2 of a tsp. of cinnamon
- 1/4 of a tsp. of vanilla
- Small pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1/3 of a cup of melted vegan chocolate*
How to make:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas.
- Mix the coconut flakes, coconut flour, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt into the bananas until they are fully incorporated.
- Using a round tablespoon or a cookie scoop, evenly scoop out the batter and place each macaroon onto the lined baking sheet.
- Place the macaroons into the freezer for one hour to set.
- After the macaroons have set in the freezer, melt the chocolate, then evenly drizzle the melted chocolate onto each macaroon.
- Place the macaroons back into the freezer for five minutes to ensure the chocolate hardens.
- Serve and enjoy!**
*Some of my favorite vegan chocolates are: these chocolate chips, this chocolate bar, and this unsweetened chocolate bar. I also like to make homemade chocolate with cocoa powder or cacao powder, melted coconut oil, and maple syrup .
**If you prefer a soft texture, store these in the refrigerator. If you prefer a hard texture, store these in the freezer and allow them to thaw for five to ten minutes before enjoying.
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
This post contains affiliate links, which means that when you make a purchase from a link, I receive a small commission and you are supporting LoveThroughPlants with no additional cost to you. Thank you for helping support LoveThroughPlants! For more information about my affiliate policy, please click here.