Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Grain-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Vegan protein bars that contain NO protein powder, grains, refined-sugar, soy, or gluten? That’s my kind of snack! Plus, these bars taste like pistachio cake, but they are extremely healthy! That is even more my type of snack!
- One can of navy beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1/4 of a cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 of a cup of shelled pistachios, plus more for topping
- 1/2 of a tsp. of vanilla
- One medjool date, pitted and soaked
- 1/2 of a tsp. of baking soda
- One tsp. of lemon juice
- Two tbsp. of water
How to make:
- Pit the date, then place it into a small bowl with enough hot water to cover the date for ten minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Drain and rinse the beans, then blend them in a food processor until smooth.
- Blend the coconut flour, vanilla, lemon juice, baking soda, water, and medjool date (drained) into the beans until smooth.
- Pulse the pistachios into the mixture until they are evenly distributed and have broken down a bit.
- Evenly pour and spread the batter into the lined baking dish, then top the batter with crushed pistachios.
- Bake the bars for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the bars from the oven and allow them to cool completely before slicing.
- Slice into even bars.
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
This post contains affiliate links, which means that when you make a purchase from a link, I receive a small commission and you are supporting LoveThroughPlants with no additional cost to you. Thank you for helping support LoveThroughPlants! For more information about my affiliate policy, please click here.