Makes: one pizza crust
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Yeast-Free, Vegan (of course!)
This pizza crust is extremely easy to to make because it only has four ingredients and it only takes about 14 minutes to bake! It may sound a bit odd to add yogurt to your pizza crust; however, the yogurt gives the crust a nice tang and a wonderful consistency! Additionally, yeast is not needed in this crust thanks to the probiotics from the yogurt mixing with the baking powder!
- One and 1/4 of a cup of teff flour, plus extra for spreading (see instructions)
- One and a half tsp. of baking powder
- 1/2 of a tsp. of salt (I recommend pink Himalayan salt)
- One cup of plain, unsweetened vegan yogurt (I used Kite Hill)
How to make:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together the teff flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the yogurt to the mixture and mix it in until the dough is homogeneous.
- Dust your hands with a small bit of teff flour, then roll the dough into a ball.
- Place the dough onto the lined baking sheet, and spread the dough out until it covers the entire sheet. (You may need to re-dust your hands a few times to prevent the dough from sticking to your hands.)
- Once the dough is evenly spread out on the baking sheet, place it into the oven for about 14 minutes, or until it has turned brown and has crisped up.
- Take the crust out and add your desired toppings.
- Bake your pizza until your toppings have cooked to your liking.