Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan (of course!)
This recipe is not your average bowl of oatmeal; in fact, it isn’t even oatmeal. I love to substitute oats with quinoa flakes because they are just as thick and creamy (if not more so), they take about one minute to cook, and they are a complete source of plant-based protein!
By adding tahini to your quinoa flakes, they become even creamier, richer, and more delicious!
I also love to add turmeric to my quinoa flakes because it is extremely anti-inflammatory and you can’t even taste it!
- One cup of water
- 1/2 of a cup of quinoa flakes (I use these)
- One tsp. of cinnamon, plus more for topping
- One tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 of a tsp. of turmeric powder
- Two tbsp. of maple syrup (or more if desired)
- One tbsp. of tahini
- One tsp. of chia seeds
- One spotty banana
- 1/4 of a cup of wild blueberries
- One handful of raspberries
How to Make:
- In a small bowl, mash half of the banana.
- In a medium pot, bring one cup of water to a boil.
- Add the turmeric, vanilla, and cinnamon to the water.
- Add the quinoa flakes and cook them for about one minute (or until they have absorbed the water and are thick.)
- Once the quinoa flakes are cooked, add the mashed banana to the pot and stir it into the quinoa flakes.
- Pour the cooked quinoa flakes into a bowl and top them with the tahini, maple syrup, chia seeds, raspberries, blueberries, the other half of the banana, and more cinnamon if desired.